Rihoy & Son is one of Guernsey’s longest-established building contractors. We employ more than 200 staff and are involved in all types of projects, from small contracts to many of the island’s most prestigious developments.
When you join our team you’ll benefit from job stability, career progression, a competitive remuneration package and the opportunity to gain experience on a wide variety of sites.
As a Site Carpenter, you will have knowledge and experience of undertaking various carpentry techniques. Working alongside other experienced tradesmen, you will demonstrate competence at all times in your work and contribute to each project’s completion in a timely manner.
- Study building plans to determine dimensions and materials required.
- Analyse information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems in conjunction with site management.
- Measure distances from reference points and mark guidelines on working surfaces to lay out work.
- Determine vertical and horizontal alignment using spirit-level, laser level, or transfer measurement techniques.
- Shape or cut materials to specified measurements using hand or power tools.
- Liaise with site management in regard to ordering materials in good time.
Experience & Qualities
- An understanding of industry terminology.
- Ability to interpret technical drawings and data.
- Knowledge of general materials used in the construction industry.
- A high knowledge of specific materials, plant & equipment directly attached to your job title.
- Knowledge of tools and equipment required to carry out designated tasks in the construction industry.
- Be able to examine all tools and equipment to ensure they are in good condition and fit for purpose.
- The ability to use correct lifting techniques when lifting or moving plant or materials.
- An understanding of safe systems of work
Hours - Full time, 39 hours per week